vintage frame bg

Saturday, March 22, 2014

H&M, Nike & NCF (?!) haul~

I've collected some things over the course of the week, and I felt like showing them to you! I love haul posts on blogs, so I thought you might like to see them as well~

So I did a bit of sneaky pocket money shopping on Thursday with a friend, just a quick one. We went to the super huge H&M on Grange Road, then visited some shops in 313@Somerset, but I only liked the things in H&M.

So I got these:

A pretty pearl necklace with gold spikes at intervals. Now this is not usually my style, I usually like a more punk-ish edgy style, but since recently I'd been into edgy smart-casual wear, I thought this necklace made a good transition between the two styles. Also I'd never gotten pearls before so I thought it would be nice.



Speaking of smart-casual wear, I found this pretty white blouse with pretty gold stud detail around the chest area, which I thought was cool. I don't know if you can see it from the picture, but even though the front is made out of the usual blousey material, the sleeves and back are cotton! I thought that was an interesting touch. Also the back is extra flowy, so it covers your butt and I think it'll look good with tights and boots :)
I thought it'd look nice with the necklace because they match (pic on the right), but I'm not too sure if they're fighting for attention with each other...?


Last but not least I got this cool silver-studded belt from H&M. Isn't it simple but fantastic?


 I got this sports bra from Nike on Saturday. The label says it's the Medium Support Nike Define Bra. It's the most comfortable one I tried on in the shop, so that's nice. I hope this is not too inappropriate for a first blog post heh.


Lastly, I participated in a Cashflow 101 competition. I didn't win, obviously, in fact I got kicked out at the preliminary round. Hurray. But I got a goodie bag! Here's what's in it, clockwise, from top left:

December 2013 TIME magazine
My Money Book financial education booklet by MoneySENSE
Swensen's voucher for ice cream (yay)
2 suspicious golden sachets of powder, which I later discovered to be coffee
a handy dandy notebook from the event
CLEAR Menthol Anti-Dandruff shampoo
Dove Gentle Exfoliating Nourishing bodywash
[not pictured] some book on starting investments, which I gave to my Dad

They actually have reasons for giving us the random things. Coffee is obviously to stay alert for intense mugging sessions, the shampoo was to "clear your head this exam period", and the bodywash shows us that "there is beauty in every obstacle". (I am not making this up they're on the round stickers on the bottles.)

So that's it! The stuff I've collected for myself over the course of the week. Not much, but I'm pleased.

valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment