My name is Valerie, and I am an 18-year-old Singaporean girl.
Let's cut to the chase.
Why did I start this blog?
I'd recently been interested in beauty and lifestyle bloggers from the UK; I'm sure you know some of them.
Then I thought it'd be cool to follow some local blogs to see what the beauty blogger lifestyle is here in my own home country, but all I found were blogs with poor English, badly taken photos and uninviting backgrounds, not to mention posts flooded with selfies that have no relation to the written content!
So I've come here, with my overboard perfectionism and sudden burst of passion, to change that.
(I've also decided to start this blog in the middle of the night because the stress I'm facing at school is starting to get unbearable since this is my final year, and I need somewhere to relax and put my leisure time into, productively.)
So... what content should be expected?
Over the past few months I'd come across various YouTube channels documenting life in Japan, for Caucasians to watch, and I thought it'd be interesting if I did a similar thing, in blog-post form, about life in Singapore! (since I do lead quite a normal, stereotypical Singaporean lifestyle)
This blog may be about anything at all, from a-day-in-the-life[s] to lifestyle updates, meaningless ramblings to debunking myths about Singapore(ans).
Since this blog was started as a spur-of-the-moment thing, I don't expect much to come out of it, although I do hope to give it some priority.
Sorry there are no pictures in this post, if you expected one (of my face).
I do have some exciting plans for this blog in the near future, though (if you're a girl or Singaporean), so do keep a lookout!
valerie
No comments:
Post a Comment